View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #29
cr8iveme
Stampin' Fool

Can you believe it's gonna be December tomorrow!?!

Are you ready?

I got out the tree the day after Thanksgiving but still need to decorate it. Although it does look nice as is. Last year at the end of the season I got a Martha Stewart tree from Home Depot. It's pre-lit and since it's a Martha it's already a little decorative.

I did get DH to put the angel at the top of it for me. I'm still to short to reach the top of the tree even with our ladder. Which is a 2-step ladder.

Our angel is a Precious Moments one. Most of our ornaments are too because I started collecting before I was out of high school. The rest are a hodge podge of DH's from childhood and his Star Wars ornaments. It's tradition that I either get him a Star Wars ornament or LEGO set. This year I got him a TIE Interceptor with sound effects. He <3s it. And the rest of our ornaments we've collected from vacations we've taken and some cool Texas ornaments too.

Let's just say our tree is VERY unique looking. Maybe that's why I haven't finished decorating?

Then of course I have to dust our bookshelf to put up our Nativity scenes. Yup, I said scenes. My MIL gave each of her 6 children a Nativity set that she bought when she was selling AVON. It's nice and elegant but of course after hearing what our ornaments are you can tell it just doesn't quite fit. Then of course I had to have a Precious Moments set. Mine aren't nearly as big as hers. Her's are white and come with the whole scene, the wise men, shepherds, animals, and of course baby Jesus and the manger with Mary and Joseph.

My full size set (which is like a kid's set) is just the manger with baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. And then I have a candle topper that is the same minus the manger. I also have an ornament with that too. I couldn't help it. DH wouldn't let me get an actual full adult version set since his mom had given all his family that set. It's kinda like a family heirloom that everyone has.

Then I also have to find a home for his family's Christmas mouse. You see the Christmas mouse is his family's version of the elf on the shelf minus the mess. The Christmas mouse stays in front all month long and disappears for a short time on Christmas day. When he comes back he brings the family presents, i.e. the board games and movies the family can enjoy together. The regular individual presents go under the tree. Or at least maybe they will someday. Since we have no kids the only real presents to go under the tree are for the dogs because ours don't really get wrapped. Oh, I will also put our families presents under the tree just sort of to give me a place to concentrate them but they get removed when we go to visit our families.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!