View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #960
jah636
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I am sorry I haven't been around lately. I had a large personal hit in my life last month. I met another artist who I think in good intentions meant well but critiqued another artist whose work is similar to mine. Some of you know I have a small art line out. I am not rich or famous, lol. I am good at taking critique but what was said made me question how my art could be perceived and I worry if I am hurting anybody. I need to take some time for retrospect. I am doing a lot better now but it hit me at an emotional time. I am starting some new drawings for a new video game coming out in 2014 and it's not for the faint of heart type game that's why I got shaken up. I know silly. I am excited to be picked as an artist. I worked hard for it. I am trying to get one of my short stories published as a video game too. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

The worst news my son is going blind. He's a young college age kid. He wanted to become a doctor. Nothing can be done for his eyes. He always had problems with his eyesight but he got better as he got older but recently his eyes are failing at a rapid pace. I am trying to be strong for him but you know how us Mommy's get. I am not doing very well when I am not around him. My DH & I are trying to make him safe but still independent. He's frightful right now and rebelling badly. Keep him in your thoughts.

Another one of my furbabies passed away.
So sorry to hear of all your heartaches, most especially for you son's eyesight. Saying a prayer for you and may God keep you close. Hugs
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!