View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #5046
cveneruso
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
Well, since I have always been in a very small minority by not taking milk, I wonder, on the foot of this thread, is it something to do with my mother. She grew up in pre-war/wartime France with raw milk which they boiled (she had TB), and she didn't really like milk in any form except as comfort food when she was sick. So she never offered us milk in our tea and coffee.

By the way, congratulations on your upcoming retirement, Lois. May you enjoy every day of it. I loved it when I was gainfully unemployed, but now we need the money.
My mom who was Irish always put milk and sugar in hot tea and that's how I got used to it. I thought it was an Irish thing. When I started trying teas other than Lipton I discovered that most of them don't taste too good with milk and sugar. I also discovered that part of why I like the milk is that it cools it off. I don't like it hot, but I do like it strong. Once it's cool I can drink it with or without the milk, but I've only learned those things maybe in the last ten years and I've been drinking tea for most of my life.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!