View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #4778
kitkat55
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspiv View Post
I had a lady call me today about the little acrylic desktop post-it note items I had. Her little daughter was eyeing one but mom didn't want to get it then because she was there. I told her I was going to be at this craft fair this weekend, which is 30 miinutes away from the other craft fair I was at but is in my hometown. I work full-time in this town 30 minutes away, so I am there 5 days a week, but things have been busy and I don't really have time to make and take a $3 item to this woman. She said she would try to make it out to this craft fair this weekend, but I guess my question is...how much effort do you put in to "special orders" or getting something to someone outside of a sale? Especially if this isn't really your "business" but a little money making hobby. I would spend more in gas driving across town to give her that $3 item but I hate telling people "not worth it" either...her daughter was so cute and wanted that little thing so bad. LOL
Kelly: Why don't you treat it as if you were selling it on e-Bay? So it would be $3.00 plus the cost of mailing it to the mom...that would save both of you an extra trip (although would involve a run to the Post Office), and make the little girl so happy.

Just a thought...

I've had special requests similar to this, too. Sometimes I think I'm just a push-over, but it IS a nice feeling to make someone happy. Especially if they're pleasant and reasonable. I think the trick is to TREAT it as a business and consider what any other reasonable businessman would do to help their customer. If someone really wants something they couldn't purchase when you were displaying them, then they should expect to put forth some extra effort (or $$) to get it.
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10

Last edited by kitkat55; 11-27-2012 at 07:31 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!