View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #3149
Rachelrose
Die Cut Diva

Default An introduction and a question about Verithin Copper

Hi everyone! I don't mean to hijack the current conversation but I am new to this thread, although not to the forum, and wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. I only dug out my Prismas a few months ago and have slowly been incorporating them into my cards. I've read some, but not all of the many pages of this thread, and I guess I will try to start making my way through it since it's so packed full of info. I'm not naturally gifted at coloring, more of a graphic designer, really, but I knew I wanted to start doing coloring of some sort, and Copics are not for me. Neither am I skilled enough to do more than the most rudimentary painting. I figure pencils are what I will concentrate on.

These recent posts on using blender pencils are very timely and useful to me, since I won't use OMS. I recently tried mineral oil, and am still playing around at getting acceptable results with it. I'd kind of given up on my blender pencil for the same reason as Chris - it didn't seem to be doing much. But now I am inspired to start playing with mine again.

I was inspired by what I have read on the thread to get some Verithins so I'd have something a bit harder for working in tight spaces. And while I was ordering them, I could not resist getting a small set of polychromos, just to try them. Dina, your work with them is so wonderful, and I was very curious to see how they would be to work with.

So, that's the introduction part of this post and here's the question: I just received both the Verithins and the Polychromos today, and I was struck by a warning on the box of Verithins - about the copper color pencil. It warned about it containing copper and said "wash hands immediately after use. When using do not eat, drink or smoke. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN." A little unnerving! Are you all really careful when you use your copper pencils?

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!