View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #4383
bfinlay
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I'd say you've got a more healthy diet than the average person, Sabrina, especially since you cook everything from scratch. These days, they eat a lot of rice and pasta here too, unlike when I first moved over 27 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
Me - I was in bed by 9.30 last night. Making two 12 Days of Christmas tag book cards and now I remember why I only made one last year! By the time I was up to 8 Maids a Milking I couldn't see straight anymore and called it a night. But yes, champ is more a northern speciality. Maybe not specifically Ulster, I think you might get it in Donegal too. Down here you'd be more likely to get colcannon, which is along the same lines but made with curly kale.

When I read your first post I was thinking we must not be very Irish, LOL, I'd say we only have potatoes maybe twice a week. We had a rack of pork with roast potatoes for our Saturday dinner, though. I like a little walnut oil for mine, gives them a lovely flavour.
Hope you got back to sleep, Bridget. It's a big supermarket shop and housework for me this morning, but I'll pop in when I get back from shopping.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!