TLC405 ~ Glittery Embossing ~ (11/26/12)
Today's Technique Challenge is a variation on a couple of past challenges.
We are going to be adding Glitter to our dry embossing.
Glitter Glue, Brayer, Embossing folder (see below for substitutions)
Here are the steps:
1) Dry emboss a section of cardstock using embossing folder of your choice.
2) Squeeze/squirt Glitter Glue (I used about a dime-size of Diamond Stickles on my example, but the big store brand craft bottles work also) on another piece of cardstock.
3) Run your clean brayer through the Glitter Glue on the cardstock covering evenly, and then lightly brayer over the embossed piece of cardstock.
4) Let it dry and then trim the embossed piece and add to your card design.
5) Wash your brayer with warm water and a little soap immediately.
Mine took only about 15 minutes to air dry (using a heat gun helps speed, but will curl the edges).
No brayer or glitter glue? Try Versamark and glittery embossing powder. Or make your own! Have an old rolling pin or old pizza roller? Use your imagination in substituting supplies!
My Diamond Stickles picked up leftover pink ink on my brayer (make sure yours is clean!) so that is why my background looks pink! I meant for it to be clear
FABULOUS TUTORIAL IN THE RESOURCES SECTION by Mary Ann Walters (Thank you, Beate, for the heads up! I totally missed it when I looked last night!):
Glitter Highlighted Embossing
My sample: Let It Snow!
TLC405 Gallery Submissions
Here is the gallery to upload your cards, rather than to your Member Galleries:
Stampin Up! Gallery: Glitter Highlighted Embossing - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers