View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Ksnurse
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default All Occasion Card Challenge 2013

First off, I need to say a huge THANK YOU to Kelly ScrappinCEO for getting this started last year. I kinda flaked and didn't get mine posted but I did keep up...She did a great job keeping things going but now her work life is taking over and she didn't feel she would have adequate time to cheer on all you overachievers here stayin ahead of the game. So she asked me to take over. I've got my pink cheerleader outfit and some sparkly pom poms, and VikkiJo has kindly agreed to be my co-cheerleader and will be popping in from time to time to keep things moving along.

Why do we do this card making thing? Because this is what happens at the mailbox on the other end:

How many times have you started your day with, ‘today is______ ‘s birthday. I wish I’d remembered to send a card.’ Or are you scrambling last minute to ‘just get one made’?

With the All Occasion Card Challenge, you can put all that behind you!
Each month… around the 20th, we’ll remind you to look at your card recipient list for the coming month.

WHO: Everyone that needs cards for b-days, anniversaries, get well....you know-anything.

WHAT: A way to get those card needs met ahead of time so you aren't scrambling at midnight to finish before next days event...(yeah, I know I've seen you there with me) There is no score keeping here! It's all for you and helping you stay motivated. Just look ahead to coming month and see what you need. then challenge yourself to get them done using our challenges or not. some months you may need 10 b-day cards and the next month none. whatever you need for coming month is what you do. For instance; some months I don't have any events and plan to do cards for the stash that I have trouble making at last minute like get well and sympathy cards.

WHY:To relieve stress! This way you’ll have cards for all your events made ahead!! We all know how busy life can be, so why not try to get your cards all done by the end of current month instead of night before! Remember, the whole idea behind this challenge is to make your life easier. we can all use that, right?

WHERE: First upload to your gallery then post a link in the designated thread. Please use AOCC13 in the Title or Keyword so that others can search for your cards! Please use only the thread that I start for each month or you might be missed, and we want y'all to get plenty of lovin for being such good overachievers.
To attach a link here, when the page you want us to go see is open, go to the address bar and 'copy the whole thing' then go to where you want it seen and paste it in the post box. If you need instructions for this check the attached PDF file drawn up by Vikki or PM me for further assistance.

WHEN: The whole month! There is no 'deadline' for getting your monthly cards done. This is just a motivational challenge to help you!

HOW: Just post a reply to this thread saying that you want to join and then start creating! Make your cards any way you like. Any tools, toys, gadgets, embellishments, etc...you decide- after all, these are YOUR cards.

Remember: with postal changes, mail may take a bit longer. Mailing within the first week of the month will help insure they have their card in plenty of time to enjoy it. Obviously, if their occasion is within that first week, you’ll want to mail earlier.

CHALLENGES:
There will be a challenge posted twice a month. You may use the challenge, or not, in your card designs. They are just to get the mojo going. I'll post the 1st of month challenge a few days ahead and will take volunteers for the 2nd one each month to be posted by the 15th. As we get going along, I will have a list of which post # the challenge is in so you won't have to search so long.

POSTING YOUR CARDS:
Because this is a challenge group, it is encouraged that you post a link to your gallery where everyone can leave you LOVINS, in the approprate thread for each month.

Monthly threads:

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

We're here to help you by offering:

Challenges
Reminders
Friendly chatter and lots of cheerleading..

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Uploading Step by Step.pdf (1.50 MB, 6 views)

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge

Last edited by Ksnurse; 12-11-2012 at 03:17 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!