View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #855
parknslide
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Family arrived about 7PM Thursday eve---our Thanksgiving meal was Italian this year: lasagna, salad, garlic bread, a cold veggie pizza and a fruit pizza. Strawberry Yum-yum for dessert. At 9PM we hit the "Gray Thursday" sales---1st stop American TV so I could get a new camera. Sale was already 1 hr. in when we got there. First had to follow the yellow tape on the floor to stand in a loooooooong line for cameras, GPSs, and misc. At the head of the line was a guy who made you wait until a sales guy was ready to show, explain your item. Our salesguy was named Conan and after he wrote up the order, he directed you to ANOTHER line where a woman with limited computer skills put your order into the computer ( her printer ran out of paper & then the computer crashed in the midst of inputting our data). More waiting while she called for tech support. After putting in the order, the computer showed "out of stock." More calls to verify and then a re-do of the $25 gift cert. reward for shopping on Gray Thursday. Conan assured us that the camera would be in within 4 days and he would call. Then on to Target---looking for men's fleece sleep pants. Found 2 pair of XLs left in the bin. When we got to checkout found out that these were the $18 ones. Left store and went home.

At midnight it was off to Boston Store for $60 boots on sale for $20. Got there as the doors opened and the stampede began. EVERYONE in Madtown wanted some of those boots. Pushing, shoving and all manner of hoarding ensued. My 15 yr. old granddaughter was crawling under the tables to find size 8's. She got a couple of blouses on clearance for $4. We also had a $10 off anything $10 or more coupon from the paper. We came home before 1:30 AM with 3 pairs of boots, 2 blouses and a hoodie. I am a veteran Black Friday shopper but either I'm getting too old or the hassle is just not worth it. Looks like you can get a lot of the same deals on line now.

Family will be driving back to Chicago later today to avoid the Sunday rush.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!