View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #4113
mamaxsix
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksnurse View Post
Gail, how do I keep brussel sprouts? I tried them for the first time this yr and they were very productive....I prolly have about 10 lbs. still on the stalks in garden...I sure hope I don't have to eat them all in the next week before they go bad.....I love sprouts but that would be a bit much....heehee...
This is my first time too! I still have 3 stalks out in the garden, but 2 of them aren't even close to being ready. My hope is that they'll survive over the winter as my collard greens did. They look a lot alike in the leaf area. I think you can pick them throughout the growing season without cutting down the stalk too, but I just went ahead and pulled the one I used. I'm learning my gardening as I go. I use the square foot gardening method and have had really good results. DH got me an organic gardening mag subscription and I've found good advice and recipes in there. I went to U Tube to see about the brussel sprouts...they took so long to get to the point where I could harvest them.

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!