View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #29
Stamp Wizard
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilling_Queen View Post

I am on the Letter Writing Team and I write to 4 different soldiers per week, I am on the sewing team - I've made pillow cases, walker caddies and crocheted trach covers for injured soldiers. I also have 3 adopted soldiers that I have been sending care packages too and cards. I am also on the Card Plus team as well, so if someone has a soldier or soldiers family that needs just a little extra support, they post the individual's name and C/O address and we sign up to send extra cards to that person.
Heather!!!

Good Grief woman! You must be busy ALL the time making cards, sewing, stuffing your boxes, etc!

With the rules of Soldiers Angels, I can't afford to sponsor one soldier for a full year. I'm unemployed, disabled and on a limited income (great combination, huh). However, since I am retired from the U. S. Army, I "have to" support my troops where I can.

I have tons of fabric I have collected over the years and I think I'll check into the sewing group. I don't think I have enough to say to a soldier for weekly letters! Good grief, how interesting can a life for a 59 year old woman be to a young soldier???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!