View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #4088
pvilbaum
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
We had a wonderful meal and great pie provided by my older kids: DD made a from scratch pumpkin with streusel topping, DS made a bourbon apple with lattice top, DS#2 made key lime with a cranberry swirl, DD#2 made pecan and DD's friend made a Maple Cream. My younger two pitched in and helped with the mashed and sweet potato casseroles and DH helped get the table ready and helped with the first round of dishes. I'm up from a long nap and now I'm staring at the rest of the cleanup that needs to get done. It was a wonderful day and we're all just relaxing now.
Oh My Gosh! Key lime pie with a Cranberry swirl! I'd think I had died and gone to heaven! Did they give you the recipes for any of thes wonderful sounding pies. I made a pumpkin, pecan and rhubarb. I had the Rhubarb im my freezer for a while and decided that this would be as good a time as any to make a pie from it. It wasn't as good as rhubarb pies usually are. I think the rhubarb was not very ripe when it was cut. Got it from a friend from her garden. Haven't even had any of the other two pies. I was too full after dinner yesterday and today I had to work, then ate lunch and am too full again. So I guess I'll have some for dinner. Got to go catch up with the remaining winners now.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!