View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #20
Stamp Wizard
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois577 View Post
I had no idea there was another organization sending cards to the troops besides Operation Write Home. I checked out the Soldiers Angels website and see that they do other things besides cards. Sewing? How does that work?

Anyway, please sign me up for a spot in all 4 groups and I will donate all the cards. Thanks for doing this, Heather.
Lois

There are many other organizations that send cards & care packages to troops, or give you the information about a unit and you send the boxes yourself. Some of these organizations are very localized and some are national and non-profit.

Give 2 The Troops (Give2TheTroops - Supporting Deployed U.S. Troops With Care Packages) is a national non-profit.

AnySoldier.com is national and they provide addresses for units where you can send any kind of care package.

There are two other nation-wide organizations that take cards but I can't think of them right now.

Soldiers Angels is a very comprehensive program. As you can see from their website, they do much more than just send cards to troops. Through them you can commit to "adopting" an individual soldier for a year (I think) or you can do other short term projects to help.

Personally, I've been getting names & addresses of units through AnySoldier.com for several years now. I like to be able to choose my own unit (Army, Navy, etc) and where they are located (Afghanistan, Kuwait, etc) to send a variety of goodies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!