View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #3993
Greywolf
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksnurse View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all.....May it be a wonderful time of gratitude and memory making with your friends and family.....

I just took the turkey out of oven and waiting to carve it....need to pack up some sides to take into the gals that are having to work today.....(we had a neighborhood disruption about 0230 so since I was up and couldn't go back to sleep, figured I'd get the turkey started) My main turkey dinner will be tomorrow with some oddball friends that don't have family in the area either....we've been getting together for about 10 yrs now and we split the cooking duties, so I'm done and will just warm up everything except I'm gonna try those tomato cheese rolls but I'm gonna use fresh herbs.
Haha - 'oddball' friends. Yep, I guess I'm one of those. This sounds like a sad tale, but I remember one Thanksgiving in Chicago that I spent in my local hangout, a folk music bar, with a bunch of other oddballs who didn't have anywhere to go. We had snacks, but no turkey. It was a quiet afternoon, but at least we were with friends.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!