View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #3979
mamaxsix
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
Wow! It's pretty rare here for someone not to have TV (we don't have it, to the utter amazement of the various cable reps calling at the door), but I'd have thought even more so over there. I don't know where we'd find time for it, TBH. DVDs from the library keep us going perfectly well.
I grew up without a TV and sometimes I wish my kids were too! There is so much garbage to wade through and even the "good" shows have all the commercials. When my kids were younger I only allowed them 1/2-1hour a day and only Public Television shows that had no commercials. My newly married DD has no TV yet, but she works at the library and they have a NetFlix acct. too so they watch old TV shows on there. We existed on sub-basic cable for a very long time...just enough to get good reception and the PBS channel for my kids. Since being in IA and needing better internet for DH when he was in school and for my older kids as they're in HS and needing internet for research, we have had a larger cable package and I wish we didn't have a lot of the extra channels....it would be hard to give up Food Network and Home & Garden though.
I got so much done yesterday that I'm feeling pretty good about today! Now I'm down to more finishing of dishes and getting the table ready.
May we all find much to be thankful for today even in the midst of times of loss and illness.

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.

Last edited by mamaxsix; 11-22-2012 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: wrong state...ooops
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!