View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #38
Cook22
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
All the pads were almost brand new - I am only now starting to venture beyond SU inks. I've used each of them successfully on regular CS, so I know they weren't dry.

I do think India Ink is a great black, but I just could not get it to register well on watercolor paper. Or at least the paper I had on hand.

No doubt this will be an ongoing experiment and I play with different papers.

I'll have to try the embossing, Beverly. Although I'm finding the Versafine very black on its own.

Here's a question - I know from my Creative Chemistry 101 Course with Tim Holtz that Ranger Archival Ink can be used as a resist with Distress Inks (or any dye inks). You can stamp with it and then use DI over it and it will resist it and not be affected. Since Versafine is also oil based, can it be used the same way? Has anyone done it?
I think it's the blackest black I've tried .
Resist - well, it wouldn't bother me if I stamped something first and then used wrinkle-free distress or sponged over it, and colouring with re-inkers doesn't dull the stamped image the way colouring with H2Os does, but that might be because the re-inkers are much less opaque. So I guess it will partially resist. You have me curious to experiment with the Archival and see if it's more so!
I'm glad you're on your way to at least a workable solution. Now you can spring for a full-size pad .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!