View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #281
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
Oh, that's really scary, Amber.

I think I was kind of similarly naive, though obviously the technology for me to get into trouble didn't exist 30 years ago... Once I was stopped at the side of the road in my red VW Bug and a guy on a motorcycle stopped to help me get it started. He successfully fixed whatever was wrong, but he really got greasy, so I told him he could clean up at my house if he wanted.

Imagine his surprise when my Aunt Cathy answered the door and let him into the bathroom... Then he had to meet my mom, both grandmas, assorted cousins, etc. Poor guy probably thought he was walking into a Penthouse story and got Leave It To Beaver instead, LOL.

The scary thing is that I would have probably offered even if I hadn't known there were people at the house... Could have simply been a nice guy, or... not.

Maybe there are self-defense/assertiveness classes for teens near you to temper the naivete? I hate to see innocence diminished, but a certain level of skepticism should be encouraged, don't you think?
I was also very naive and very lucky. I did get pretty smart after I moved to Atlanta. I learned some very good habits.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!