View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #2863
dini
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrown View Post
I've never cooked with sweet potatoes, and I've certainly never made marshmallows from scratch. I'd say you're gonna have your hands full just making that casserole.

Try Foodtv.com for some recipes. I'd assume you could bake or boil the taters and then mash em and add the "stuff" that goes in the casserole. I don't have a clue what goes in marshmallows except sugar and maybe corn syrup??
I'm extremely thankful that my mama taught me to cook from scratch, because nearly everything in our Thanksgiving dinner requires that... we don't have very many convenient box mixes or instant anythings.

I had to find a marshmallow recipe that didn't call for corn syrup, because we couldn't find any here... specialty items like that are hit-or-miss and sometimes expensive, but when we find them there's temptation to buy out all the stock, because they don't often reorder... :P DH did find cranberry sauce though, so I'm thankful for that. Usually I buy it up in the summer just in case. Not too many Americans in town any more, so there's not the demand there once was.

I have the sweet potatoes boiling in their jackets - I hope that will work, and they'll slip off easily. I didn't feel like peeling them all first...

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!