View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #269
AlysonRR
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
I'm glad your family is able to spend more time together this holiday week. I hope Christmas plays out in a similar manner.
I'm pretty sure xmas will be the same. There's a new boss coming in at the New Year, but DH's coworkers will testify that he is as available, if not more available, when he is telecommuting compared to being in the office with people dropping by, etc.

TBH, this is the best possible schedule, perhaps even better than if he was working in Seattle, commuting with a day approaching 14 hr, exhausted on the weekends. At least this way we have him for a full 10-11 days a month, and he's working a normal length day without an exhausting commute. He's a morning bird, so he takes the kids to the bus in the am then works til late afternoon. We all get to eat dinner together at a reasonable hour.

If it weren't for the expense of keeping the SD apt and separate housing 2/3 of the month it would be perfect...