View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #376
lindylou1220
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies, Alice just got in touch with me to say she hasn't been able to access the thread to share her brownie recipe as many asked. She sent it to me so here you go:

SLUTTY BROWNIES

Slutty Brownies*

2 pouches of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (mix according to directions on
pouch, plus add 1 tsp of cooking oil and 2 tsp of water)

1 package of oreos (original recipe suggests "Double Stuffed”)

1 package of Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix (mix according to directions on package)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.

Spread cookie mix on top of paper. Place one layer of whole Oreos on top of cookie mix. Spread brownie mix on top of Oreos.

Baking time varies according to the texture you want. They are supposed to be gooey, but I prefer them baked more so I baked them a bit longer. If you want them gooey, try 45 minutes and check for doneness. If you want them dryer, bake for 50-55 minutes. The baking time is a bit flexible, depending on how you want them to turn out. Anyway, once you remove them from the oven, allow them to cool for awhile until you can lift the paper out of the pan. Place on cutting board and cool a bit longer before cutting into pieces. They are supposed to be served warm, topped with vanilla ice cream, but they are awesome without the ice cream. You can always reheat them in the microwave.

*They are called Slutty Brownies "because they're oh so easy, and more than a little bit filthy".

Here's the link to the original recipe...lots of interesting variations and comments follow the recipe.

The Londoner: Slutty Brownies

They sure were sinfully good! Enjoy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!