View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #2690
vdoyle8
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylizard View Post
Good morning early risers!!Another day of anticipation and fun!!I probably will only get to pop in and out. Since I can't take my stamping along to the hospital when I sit with my mother, I have tried to restore my memory on some crocheting skills. I have ended up with some really strange pieces, but at least it is keeping me busy at something. I can't stand just sitting being unproductive.
Liz - I did the same thing when my grandmother passed. We had a four hour trip back home and I knew I was in for not only a long car ride, but a lot of sitting on other people's sofas. Right before we left, I had to pick up a few things at Walmart. I happened through the craft section (force of habit!). They had a "learn to crochet" kit for a lapghan. It was just a big granny square. My grandmother had taught me to crochet when I was a little girl so it felt like I was going full circle by crocheting again. I refreshed my skills - came right back to me - and I haven't stopped since. I find that repetitive motion very soothing - I hope it helps you, too, as you spend time with your mom.

my gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!