View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Jasmine54
Matboard Maniac

Amanda,

I updated my machine as soon as I took it out of the box and connected it to my laptop. Klo strongly suggested this when I purchased it. I had watched the video about setting the blade length and had success in cutting American Craft paper. I did the circles, adjusted as suggested. The circles cut fine, 3 different sizes from very small to a about a dime size, these all cut fine. I tried cutting the Koi using the same sheet of cardstock. The cardstock was the same color SU that Lydia used to cut her Koi. The first try, the outline cut clean, the inside of the tail & fins cut fine with just a couple of places to snip with scissors, one eye cut fine, but the "scales" and the other eye did not cut all the way through the paper. This was at blade length 2.5, pressure 18 and speed 3. I increased the pressure to 20 and left blade & speed the same. Same cardstock piece, opposite side and the cardstock starting tearing immediately. Cancelled this cut. Turned the mat, and tried cutting blade length at 3, pressure 18 and speed 2. Cardstock started tearing on the tail inside cuts.

I'll contact support after the holiday. Thanks for taking the time to make these suggestions. I greatly appreciate it!!