View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #4711
nsruss
Hardware Hotshot

After my two day sale I ended up just shy of $700, but I did get three orders, so once I get those done I'll be over the $700. Unfortunately I didn't sell out of coasters, but that's OK. I did end up selling out of a few other things. The dog treats were a BIG hit. I think I'll start on some more of those soon. Then when the time comes next year I just have to put the treats in the boxes. The pencil holders sold out as well. Gift card holders were a huge seller (I didn't sell out but I had a ridiculous amount to sell). Hot chocolate holders sold well, Post it magnets sold really well, altered composition books, covered mini legal pads and the acrylic frame post its were also good sellers. Surprisingly I didn't sell many M&M sticks, I thought those would go fast, but that's OK because I'll use those at work instead of cards. I also didn't sell many cards, but again I'm OK with that. I made them as a last minute addition to the table and someone else was there selling cards for $1. I refused to lower mine to that price. Now I have my Christmas cards for the year. I had a few things on the table that I've had for a couple of years now and sold all of them, so that was fantastic. I was getting sick of packing them up. The altered frames from Michael's went over well too. I had those done up in Christmas themes. I didn't know how they would do so I didn't make as many as I should have. Live and learn for next year I guess. Overall I'm very pleased with how it went. For next year I'm going to focus more on stocking stuffer type items as those were the ones that sold the best. Little girls loved the pencil holders and the covered notepads and anything in bright colors and their moms or grandmothers were more than happy to buy because the price was right. It helped I think that I was next to a table where the girl sold hair bows and tutus. She was great to talk to. Nothing will go to waste as I can reuse it next year, or use it for myself this year, so yay!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!