View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
Boss
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I found the one I CASE'd thanks to google and through someone's information when I found the card. It is in CardMaker Magazine May 2011. Page 71. The designer is Beth Pingry, courtesy of Spellbinders Paper Arts. I am not sure if I'm allowed to scan and post a picture from a magazine, but if you have that issue, it looks like real woodgrain and has a wreath. The card will measure 4 1/4" x 9 (craft cardstock) for base. Then you cut a 4x8 1/2" piece from dark red (I used Bravo Burgundy) and 3 1/2"x 8 1/8". She inked the edges in black a bit. Then you use the Long Classic Rectangle LG to cut and emboss four 1 3/8"x3" rectangles (ink those edges too). Using the Classic Squares SM, cut and emboss 2 squares (1 1/4"x 1 1/4") and ink edges again. You use dimensional foam squares to attach the four rectangles as the lower panels and the squares as the top panels to the smaller red panel and use dimensionals to attach that red panel to the larger red panel, then attach all to the kraft cardstock. She uses a gold brad for the door knob and hangs a wreath from the top between the two squares. I sure hope you can find that issue because it is much better if you can see it!
Wow, you really came through with info on this card. I will check my magazine stash for this issue, but if I don't have it, I think you provided all the details I need to make it, measurements and all! I have a very good mental picture of what it looks like, thanks you. Now to go rummage through my magazine pile...