View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #151
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
Did I tell you I got a job? It's not a living wage by any stretch of the imagination, but it will give us some extra cash. I'm inspecting homes as a sub-contractor (paid per inspection) to an inspection company who contract with a property management company who contract with realtors and mortgage-holders (banks, etc.), LOL. So I'm the lowest rung on the ladder and they pay accordingly. Gets me out of the house, I can do it on my own schedule, and the dog can come with me - so far it's been OK, but I'm still working on streamlining so it doesn't take too much time. I have to pay for gas, and next year (this year I won't likely make enough), my own taxes as a sub. We'll have to see how that part works out - it may not be worth it. A few hundred bucks for xmas and Jan/Feb kids' b'days, though - that will be worth it
Ha ha living wage Yeah it's tough out there. My sister was in a spot for awhile where she would have been financially better off if she'd moved - took a job promotion out of area when there weren't any in her area. She Wouldn't tho.... She knew the family and relationship issues, felt she needed to stay close enough to help when needed (and it has been) and with grandkids now too, well, she chose to live frugally on the meager pay and she got by and hung in there for a lot of years before she finally made a move.

Abby: So, what about you, Gibbs? You got any fetishes?
Gibbs: I have three ex-wives. I don't have time for fetishes.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!