View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #13
charlalei
Impoverished Gymnastics Mom

Send a message via AIM to charlalei

I think dating so soon after a divorce is tricky in the best of situations. I've been divorced for five years now and for the first couple of years, I did date some. But in the end, I realized that I just don't want that. Maybe I'm still not ready, I don't know? It doesn't feel like that but who knows. But I have a daughter and until she's older, I am fully and 100% committed to her development. Bringing someone into our house doesn't fall in line with what I want for her.

Please do not take what I'm saying as critical, because it is stemming from childhood pain. But my mother was a single mom for most of my growing up years (age 4-14). I remember how she would fall for a guy, we would spend tons of time with him and his family, but inevitably the relationship would end and I would hurt so much. I thought I was getting a new father-figure and siblings only to have them leave over and over again.

So while I would have cautioned you about moving someone in so quickly, I agree with the others that said you were smart to end it when you did. Debt can be a relationship killer and you've worked hard to get what you have. And can I just commend you for getting your legal ducks in a row before letting him move in. Smart lady!