View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #134
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Sweet potato pie, since Steve doesn't like pumpkin.

That's something my sister hasn't been able to live down. Years ago, when we were all kids, she was over at my grandparents' house. I'm not sure where the rest of us were. Anyway, my sister liked pumpkin pie, but the idea of sweet potato pie put her off. Grandma had made a sweet potato pie. She knew that my sister wasn't keen on the idea of it, so she told my sister it was pumpkin pie. My sister ate it... then at home, she told Mom, "Grandma's pumpkin pie is better than yours." LOL
Mom tried something like that with me when I was home. At breakfast, told me she'd made a special cream cheese blend and let me put it on both halves of bagel. She'd blended the cream cheese with hog nasty goat cheese. I asked her why she'd let me schmear hog nasty anything with goat cheese all over my bagel. She said she thought I wouldn't notice if she didn't tell me what it was.

Um, no.

Sigh. Goat cheese is hog nasty and covering up the taste is like playing Linkin Park for a Beethoven fan and hoping they won't notice the snarling if you don't bring it up.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!