View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #2292
cveneruso
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Chris, it seems strange, but several of my friends who have gout have received different instructions from their doctors. Several are like me and understand that we are to stay away from a lot of things that can cause the problem. One man was not given any restrictions except for alcohol and red meat. Some of these friends are on pills to prevent gout; others are not. It is confusing as to why the instructions are different. I'm told that pork is as bad as red meat. Cherries, particularly tart cherries are a good preventive measure. My gout is not all that severe, and most the info I got was online from reputable sites. I look forward to the "education" part of my next visit with the kidney doc. He will put me on some preventative meds and talk about diet. One thing on the "allowed" list is chocolate, so how about that?!
chocolate! Yum, I do love chocolate. I've been trying to avoid it, I lost a good amount of weight last year and want to lose more. I have a hard time stopping at just a taste so it's better to just stay away, kwim.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!