View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #2225
Ksnurse
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post
my hubby has gout and I was quite surprised that his doctor told him that there were no dietary restrictions. when my father had gout he had restrictions but it was so long ago I couldn't remember much, I just remembered "nothing rich and no deadly night shades". So I did a little looking around and couldn't find anything restrictive but I did find a post that said that coffee was a good thing for it. so here I was trying to get him off half and half and coffee and the only thing I found told him to enjoy it.
I'm thinking you have a more severe case.
BTW the only nightshades I can remember are tomatoes and eggplant - try to keep an Italian away from them.
A lot depends on the Dr. but we usually tell the patient to try a little of whatever your worried about and if no symptoms, fine, just don't eat bunches of it....kinda like we do with diverticulosis now too...we've learned that some people do fine with certain thnigs and others have a terrible time with them....

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!