View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #2208
cveneruso
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Good morning. I'll be checking in a couple of times today to see what torture Lydia can come up with.

I have had time with a nutritionist, which gave me a good foundation for making food choices even as things got more complicated. I did a food journal for awhile, but my doctors didn't even look at it when I brought it to the office. The next time I see the kidney doc, early January after several tests, he will talk about "education, control, maintenance" etc. He might be more interested then. Yes, I've been tested for iron, protein, plus a gazillion other things.

Thanks to all who gave good tips about dealing with my issues.
my hubby has gout and I was quite surprised that his doctor told him that there were no dietary restrictions. when my father had gout he had restrictions but it was so long ago I couldn't remember much, I just remembered "nothing rich and no deadly night shades". So I did a little looking around and couldn't find anything restrictive but I did find a post that said that coffee was a good thing for it. so here I was trying to get him off half and half and coffee and the only thing I found told him to enjoy it.
I'm thinking you have a more severe case.
BTW the only nightshades I can remember are tomatoes and eggplant - try to keep an Italian away from them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!