View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #2104
mamaxsix
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post
You put it on pasta, cook meatballs, sausage, pork chops, all manner of meats in it. My big extended Italian family called tomato sauce gravy. So did all my Italian friends. I grew up in NJ, don't know if that's a regional thing.
Yep, and all pasta was "macaronis" at least at the household of the Italian lady I roomed with in upstate New York when I was finishing college. Whatever meat we'd eaten that week went in from pork to chicken. About once a quarter she made a huge batch of meatballs that often included ground venison and some of those went in as well. Her kids and grandkids came over every Sunday for lunch and she made a salad, pasta with sauce and the meat as well as some sort of cake she'd baked for the occasion. After lunch, she froze the leftover sauce and then thawed it and added stuff the next Sunday. We've been doing the same for years now (minus the whatever meat but adding Italian Sausage). We call it Pat's Perpetual Pasta because my DH puts it together and into the crock for us! Nothing better than coming home from church to the smell of sauce and bread in the bread machine! All I have to do is toss the salad and boil the noodles...SWEET!

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!