View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #1978
Greywolf
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie E View Post
We'll be spending Thanksgiving with my 90 year old step-FIL. Hubby's mom passed in July so this will be his first year alone on the holidays. Doesn't sound like his kids will be able to make it here to spend with him so we'll be there for him. He's a sweetheart and we all love being around him. It will be a fun day of eating and visiting...and eating! Ha!
Everyone's Thanksgiving plans sound great. I won't have a Thanksgiving as my daughter is too busy with work to slow down even for one day. (It takes a few days prior preparation anyway.) A couple that I kitty sit for called me and asked what I was doing for Thanksgiving. I thought they were going to invite me to join them, but they just wanted to know if I would kitty sit for them for 4 days while they went to celebrate with the kids & grandkids. Of course I said yes. Can't turn down a few extra $$.

I do plan to make some dressing just for myself as that is the best part of Thanksgiving dinner imho. This year I can't put pork sausage in it though (because of the gout) so I'm not too sure how it will turn out. I'll be using veggie broth rather than chicken broth for moistening. I'm planning on adding A LOT of herbs.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!