View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
Rachelrose
Die Cut Diva

I'm sure very few people will have the problem I had -

Every single trimmer and cutter Fiskars is now making has this plastic over the grid. I'm sure they did plenty of market research. It was just a really quirky, weird thing because of the way my studio is lit.

It was so unexpected. In fact, I thought I was just being over reactive when I first set up the trimmer and noticed the virtually mirror-like reflection of the underside of the lamp. But I made my guy come in and stand in front of the trimmer and asked him if he noticed any reflection and he said "This would drive me crazy. It's like there's a light bulb shining up out of the thing into your eyes."

He and I tried to think of a way to dull the finish so it wouldn't be so reflective. Some way to rough it up. But we couldn't come up with anything, and he can usually come up with a way to modify anything, he's just incredibly handy.

As for fixative sprays - it's an interesting thought but if someone wants to try it I'd really research it first. A fixative might be bad for plastic. Or it might work, but flake off as the trimmer is used. And it might create a surface that is difficult to work on. The plastic is actually lovely to slide cardstock over.

Bottom line, I don't think anyone else has to worry about this. If someone is thinking of buying the trimmer and wants me to post a picture of the spot where I had it and the offending lamp, I can do that so they can see the situation that created the problem.

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!