View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #124
happy-stamper
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

I now have the 72 original markers and my organizer and have finally had some time to play with it all. I'm a little nuts about colors matching, so the first thing I did was make myself a color chart.

spectrum noir color chart by happy-stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I just made a table with the same number of rows and columns as the storage rack. That way the color chart matches up with the way the markers are arranged in the rack so I can find the one I want quickly.

I also colored my first image with more than just the turquoise markers. Definitely more fun with more colors! I used the Georgia Pacific cs and Memento ink. I didn't have any trouble with bleeding this time, but it's a larger image so I could outline each area and then avoid blending too close to the edge and getting it too juicy. I was pretty happy with the blending between the pink and blue, but not so sure about the tans for the ground below the bird. Here's the card if you want to take a peek:
happy newsprint bird by happy-stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers