Thread: Fixative help!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
kphorse
Hardware Hotshot

First, try heat sealing, lots of times a little heat will set the ink...If not then try this...

GASS...
Gum Arabic Sealing Solution (GASS)

GASS seals things like Whisper White and Very Vanilla craft pads, metallic pads, Versamark with PE, and Poppin' Pastels to keep them from smudging.

Lots of people use hairspray as a sealant and/or PE base; however, while it has polymers that will give you the bond that you're looking for, it also has chemicals that are not acid-free. Because it is *not* acid-free, deterioration will begin in a fairly short period of time, yellowing your creation.

1 Part *LIQUID* Gum Arabic (I use powdered and it is just fine, add the alcohol before the water)
4 Parts Distilled Water
2 Parts Alcohol

Shake *well* before each use.
...The difference between *life* and *living*...When you have someone close, someone special, a *Best Friend*, it's *Living*...When you lose her...it's just *Life*...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!