View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #4654
kspiv
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Kat....ugh!! I guess I can understand their thinking but hey, thats they fun of these things is to be able to buy handmade and homemade treats. I'm sorry they cracked down on you all. I also always wear gloves, always have my hair pulled back and a hat on, wash my hands constantly, etc. when I prepare anything like that. However, I mostly do use prepacked items. Individually wrapped candy bars, popcorn, twizzlers, candy canes, peppermint patties, etc. Can you check in to these items and see if they would work for you? All are prepared in large factories under health codes (which are probably less stringent than our own that we use in our own kitchens! LOL) and if bought in bulk at Sam's or Costco, can be quite economical. I know the individual twizzlers are about 5 cents a piece and I sold very simple ones with just a little tag topper stapled on the top for 50 cents each or 3 for $1.

My cocoa cones and hot chocolate for one was the bulk canister cocoa, marshmallows and chocolate chips that I divided up to make the treats, but I still did the cocoa packets treats with an indivually wrapped candy cane and put them in a paper mug that I got the template off of here for, so those might also work for you.