11-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE 6 - TASK 2 (NOV. 2012)
Hello, scrappy friends! Sorry I'm a little late--had my DGDs for a couple of days and we were VERY busy, so I didn't get time to work on the challenge. My DGDs did get some scrapping done, though, they each made pages about their kitties!
But, enough about my weekend...I know many of you are anxious to get started on Task 2, so let's go!!
PLEASE NOTE! Everyone is welcome and encouraged to play--whether they're a digi, paper or hybrid scrapper!
Don’t know what a Progressive Challenge is? Go here to learn.
PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE #6 – TASK 2 (Nov. 2012)
- Add one or two touches of color, such as small splatters, grunge or inking, etc. to one of the papers you’ve used so far. These shouldn’t take up a large part of the paper.
- Place two kinds of paper elements (such as tags, notes, journaling box, stacked photo, etc.) behind the smaller photo. Just have them peeking out partway.
- Add 3 or four other non-paper elements peeking out behind the small photo/added paper elements.
- Use a small strip (approx. 4-5” x ½ -1”) somewhere on your page. This should not be part of the small-photo cluster, but stand alone. The strip can be solid, such as a long rectangle of paper, but if preferred, it doesn’t have to be solid, but rather, chevrons, a row of flowers, or other shapes in a row—anything the approx. size listed above. (My sample used chevrons).
- Finally, put some sort of fastener or clip on the small photo.
- Remember to first save your page in its original version (.psd for Photoshop) to maintain your layers, so you'll be able to make changes/additions in Task 3.
- Save your page for the web as a .jpg (600x600 or less) & upload to the Challenge 6 - Task 2 Gallery by adding the keyword DGSCPR006Task2 when you upload. Please also post a link to this week’s work in this thread.
MY TASK 2 SAMPLE
TASK 2 GALLERY
The task 1 pages all look AWESOME. Can't wait to see what everyone adds for Task 2!!
Wendy B in Sunny AZ
Last edited by wendella247; 11-13-2012 at 09:33 AM..