View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #4651
kspiv
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

I had my first of two shows this weekend. I only do this one, which is a 2 day event at a catholic school/church and one in early Dec, which is at my local high school.

I was ecstatic with my sales! I sold out of 95% of my items and made some good money. I, of course only took 2 pictures as I was getting busy while I was taking pics and then didn't get back to it. I love seeing everyone's pictures of their displays and items, too! I'll take pics at my Dec 1st show (if I remember! HA)

I find that at the two sales I work (and all of them are different) I can't hardly give away anything "nice" that I made. Meaning the pictures, banners, etc. And I think I make cute stuff (dont we all? BUT my candy and treat items and smaller items like desktop post-it notepads always sell out. People are cheap, myself included, and if they are buying co-worker gifts, teacher gifts, etc. they don't really want to spend more than a couple of $ on each person. It can really add up.

Here is a list of what I sold:
Owl Twizzler Treats - made 32, sold 16 - $1.50 each or 4 for $5
Santa Twizzler Treats - made 73, sold 56 - $1.50 each or 4 for $5
Twizzler Treats - made 42, sold 42 - 50 cents each or 3 for $1
Snowman Lifesavers - made 20, sold 20 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Snowman Candy Bars - made 50, sold 50 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Snowman Popcorn - made 28, sold 28 (these had a pair of gloves as their hat this year and I did much better on them that way) - $3 each or 4 for $10
Mini DSP wrapped Candy Bar Treats (pk of 7) - made 24, sold 24 = $3 each or 4 for $10
Mini DSP wrapped Candy Bar Treats (pk of 2) - made 17, sold 17 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Peppermint Patty Treats (pk of 5) - made 14, sold 14 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Rudy Treats - made 12, sold 9 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Snowman Soup Treats (hot cocoa pack with a candy cane in the paper mug) - made 10, sold 10 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Apron with Tea Bags - made 8, sold 8 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Cocoa Cones - made 10, sold 10 - $4 each or 2 for $7
DSP covered Mini Tissue Packets - made 16, sold 16 - $1 each
Mini Acrylic Desktop Post-it note holder with mini gel pen - made 15, sold 15 - $ 3 each
Post It Note holders with mini pen - made 14, sold 14 - $3.50 each or 3 for $10
Wine Woolie (wool sweater sleeve sewn into a wine bag) - made 6, sold 3 - $5 each
Chenille Wine Tote (tote made from vintage chenille bedspread) - made 2, sold 2 - $7 each
"Chanel" compact notepad & lipstick pen set - made 16, sold 4 & gave one away to a great customer who spent $80.
Sold various small items....a few magnets, a few gift card holders but nothing to speak of in that area. My candy stuff always sells the best!!

But now I have to make all this stuff over again for the Dec 1st fair. LOL

Oh, I wanted to say....I had many of my items $3 each or 4 for $10 and allowed people to mix and match any of those items. I sold tons more stuff this way because they could get 1 of one thing, 2 of another, then 1 more of something else. It really went over well.