View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #7
marysmessages
Matboard Maniac

Hi -

The clam shells and wooden blocks all went into the recyle bin and was picked up this morning!! I thought about keeping the blocks for the grandkids but they were so sticky - on both sides that I just tossed them. LOL!! My DH would have had a fit if I kept all that stuff - we live in a little, bitty house - reminds me of a doll house - and there is a serious lack of storage here. This is why I collect old picnic baskets - they look nice in my 1890's house and they provide much needed storage. I have them in every single room and sometimes they are stacked 2-3 high. I get a huge grin on my face every time I go into my office and see my finished unmounting project - - what a relief to have that done! I also took all the stamps that I had stored in 8 1/2 x 11 acrylic frames (think single stamps from LSS) and put them into these HUGE clamshells that I got at a LSS - you can get them in Thin (like for unmounts), Thick (like for stamps on wood) or Thicker - not sure what to use those for. So I have those sorted and into about 8 of those clamshells. The single stamps did not make for easy unmounting - some of them really had no label to peel off to put onto the foam side of the stamp and for the life of me, I could figure out what to do about that...the Stamps by Judith for example, were that way and, therefore I stored them in the huge clamshells. Would really like to get those unmounted as well but am at a loss as to how to do it.

This Friday at 1 pm we start our annual DWWSE - Deer Widows Weekend Stamping Extravaganza - - 5 of us - fabulous food, fun, laughs, stamping, shopping, chick flicks, more food, more fun, more laughing, etc....for 5 whole days!!! Some days we stay in our PJs all day and just do our thing!!! Cannot wait!! Everyone brings a project to share with the others, we have a "swap meet" and bring all the stamps, embellishments, scraps, magazines, etc. that we've grown tired of and its all up for grabs - no money changes hands! We learn new techniques, new folds, etc. and it's a great time! No little kids, no hubbys, no schedules, no stress!!!

Bring on the fun!!