View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #2567
grammatroll
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, great pictures of a very handsome young man. The people he's with are pretty good looking, too

Michele, how are weathering the Storm DH? It has been a very trying year for you. My boss and I were just talking the other day about how it seemed like it was August and we blinked, now it's November. Sometimes I don't mind the last couple months of the year flying by. It means the new year is a clean slate.

Finally talked to DD last night after not hearing from her in two months. She's been so busy with school, raising the girls alone, and, up until a week ago, working two jobs. I was getting worried about her getting sick from lack of sleep. She quit her job with the cupcake shop and is now working as a "pooper scooper". Who knew there was good money in cleaning up after someone else's dogs. That job gives her a lot of flexibility with her school schedule and pays a lot more than the cupcake shop. In fact, she makes enough money that her food stamps have been cut way down, she has to pay for half of her babysitting expenses and doesn't need assistance with her utilities. And has a little money left over. She still qualifies for her Pell Grant so she can finish school. She's getting so close. One of the best benefits of her job is she's usually done with her route by noon and has weekends off. Now she has a lot more time to spend with her girls. On top of that, she got a letter from the state saying they reviewed the child support from Bailey's dad and decided he has to pay a lot more since he has custody of his little boy from his second marriage and is getting child support from his ex. Sheri hasn't persued getting more child support from him in the past because he has been real good about buying Bailey winter coats, boots and other things she needs. God is so good to Sheri and her girls. I am so thankful for that.

I'm enjoying my 3-day weekend. Since today is my normal day off, the library has to let me take another day off with pay. I chose to take tomorrow off. I had a 3-day weekend last week, too, but I had to work at the polls all day Tuesday. Not much of a day off. I spent yesterday finishing making my Christmas card and finished a book and started another book. Today, I've been kind of taking it easy again. I finished my second book; it was a real fast read. Have any of you read Karen Kingsbury? If you haven't, you might want to. She is one of my favorite Christian authors. Her newest one is "The Bridge". I really enjoyed it.

Hope you all have a good week.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!