View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #4245
Blooms in a Box
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sistahs, we had the most incredible trip from Twin Falls, Idaho where we caught up with Bub's friend from 40 years ago. The last time Bubba saw him is when we were dating. His home and family were wonderful and welcoming , and I felt as if I had been a friend forever. It was 4 degrees when we left there, but the skies were clear, until we got to Jackpot. The winds picked up and blew snow into white out conditions. We were able to safely stop and put chains on the truck, but it was a frightening ride! When we got about 45 minutes from Cody, the roads were icy, so we were going slowly, and a huge buck leapt in front of the truck. We missed it, and nearly recovered from a spin out, but hit black ice, sending us into three full scale spins, that landed us in a ditch, backwards on the opposite side of the highway. And yet, no harm was done, to us, the truck, or the deer! And, six sets of people pulled off the road to help us out and get us back on the road.

Before we left that morning, I asked God to surround our truck with His mighty, warrior angels, to keep us from physical harm, and protect those in our path. I had never prayed this way before but it was on my heart. Once we started going again, I remembered that prayer and cried all the way to the kids home, praising God for His protection and provision. And today, as I held Audrey in my arms, my heart smiled to see, once again, how great our God is!!! Jonathan was so excited to see his lil sissy, and tenderly touch her hair, and said "Ah....". We are all in love. Jamie is good, Jason is proud, and God is great!!!!

Love you all so much!
Pat
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11

Last edited by Blooms in a Box; 11-12-2012 at 02:47 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!