View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
Petu2000
Kookie Creator

What did you do with all the clamshells and wood blocks? I am holding onto alot of wood blocks right now. Expecting to create some photo art project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysmessages View Post
I bit the bullet, took the plunge and finally gave in and unmounted all of my SU sets!!! Hundreds of individual stamps once they're out of the cases!!!

Since I figured I'm the one who uses them, I wanted to organize them the way I want them, not necessarily the way they come. So all the birthday greetings are together, get well, Christmas, etc. I have all the sets like the Nice & Easy notes so those birthday ones went with Birthday, get well with the get well, etc. The only ones I really kept together were A Little Birdie Told Me, Loads of Love, Just B, Enjoy, and a few select others. Now, when I need a birthday message, I can just look at those sheets I have labeled with Birthday.

So - I used the Cropper Hopper plastic sheets to hold the stamps. These are 7x9 sheets of a heavy white plastic with a tab at the top. The package states that you can stamp the images on one side and store the stamps on the other...I didn't want to be "tied" to that so I used regular typing paper cut at 7 x 8 1/2 to make the "index" for each, and used vinyl (plastic?) page protectors from the office supply store as an "envelope" to hold each of the sheets together. If you've ever used these Cropper Hopper sheets, you'll discover that once your stamps are on them and you put them vertically into a shoe box or basket, etc., the stamps from one sheet stick to the sheet behind it - definitely a bummer and not very good at all.

It was a long, drawn out, messy and tedious project but it is DONE!!! YAY!!! I am so very excited. All my SU sets now fit into two boxes on a shelf instead of dozens and dozens of clamshell boxes stacked into a CD/DVR shelving unit.

It was worth the work!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!