Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When attending a card class or stamp-a-stack, does your demo.....

include a the stamp set in the price of the class?

My friend has been a Stampin Up demo for quite some time now. I have been to a few of her Christmas card making workshops/classes/stamp-a-stacks, whatever they're called. Not sure if there's a difference.

Anyhow, for the ones that I've attended over the last few years, she has charged $25 and we normally make 8 cards w/envelopes (2 each of 4 designs, using 4 different stamp sets)

Well, a few months ago, I had won a basket raffle for a free Stampin Up class. I could invite 4 friends and we would make 4 cards. At the time, it was only my cousin and me that attended this (my other 2 friends and mom backed out at the last minute for one reason or another). My cousin was basically new and fell in love, of course. ;) I had been stamping for years (was a hobby demo quite a while ago) so I knew what I was doing. We had fun, both placed orders and called it a day.

Anyhow, she sent an email out announcing that she was having a Christmas card workshop. And since I'm just now getting back into stamping (just Christmas cards though) I thought I would go. It was $25 and it including the Chock Full of Cheer stamp set and making 8 cards (2 each of 4 designs, no envelopes) If you already had that stamp set, you would still pay the $25 and you could pick a different set for $16.95 or lower. All 8 cards were made using the Chock Full of Cheer stamp set.

This was the first time that I've ever been to a class/workshop that included the stamp set. I thought it was a great idea. But it was also the first class/workshop that the envelopes weren't included and the first were we only used one stamp set.

If you're a demo who does classes and such. How do you have them set up? Do you include the stamp set in the price? Do you always include the envelopes? (I thought it was strange that she didn't) Do you have everyone sit at one table and work on one card at a time or do you have a few stations set up with each card & supplies at each station? My friend always had a few stations set up and since everyone was experienced, she let everyone go about their creating and she walked around the room to help wherever it was needed. At the class that I attended with this new lady (she's not a new demo, but new to me) she had everyone sit at the table and we all passed around one stamp set, a couple ink pads, a few adhesives, etc. There were 9 people and only one was new to stamping. The class started at 7 and my friend & her friend along with their daughters and I left at 11, because we were all exhausted and we were done. The other 4 people were still there working on their stuff. Not sure how long they were there for. But 4 hours just seemed like a LOOOONNGGGG time for 8 cards.

And another thing that I found odd (maybe it's normal and it's just that I was used to the way my friend did things) but with this demo, her normal "club members" brought a lot of their supplies to use (adhesive, markers, inks, blocks, etc) there were 4 of them and 5 of us in our group that didn't bring anything (we weren't told) but it kind of seemed that it was expected of us to be using our own adhesive and stuff. She seemed to be getting huffy at one point that she had to keep refilling her adhesive. I know it gets expensive but I've never been to any class and been instructed to bring my own supplies.

Sorry so long. But I was just wondering how everyone else sets up thier classes.

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

There are many different kinds of classes and ways to do things. Each demo can do whatever she desires and works for her.

Sometimes classes will be arranged around a particular product like a stamp set. Then all projects use that set. Your class cost will include the stamp set and the supplies to make the projects that are planned. Whether envelopes are included or not is a choice of the demo. In this instance, she may have found that adding envelopes would have required her to up the cost above the $25. I probably would have left envelopes out in order to keep the price at the $25.

As to bringing one's own supplies, some demos require that at every class they teach. Every supply that is included in the class has to be included in the cost of the class. Having people bring their own "basic kit" is a perfectly valid way to do it. Usually that means adhesive, scissors, etc. However I would be VERY clear that my class attendees understood that they were to bring the basics. I don't consider markers or ink to be basics.

If I did a class that was based around a stamp set, and people ordered clear-mount stamp sets, then I probably would have them bring the blocks they would need to make the projects, since I might not have enough blocks to go around. Again, I would make that clear to the class members.

As to the time for that class...it does seem like way too long. Maybe she did not do good planning to keep the time reasonable.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

By the way, the classes I go to NEVER include envelopes!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 04:09 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

The stamp classes I have attended work several different ways. With 1 specific group, we bring all our own supplies and the class is always $25.00 for 4 cards - no stamp set included. I thought that was rather pricey, so have not been for some time. The group I regularly meet with, the demo provides the supplies and we pay $1.00 for each card we make including envelopes. I think that's pretty reasonable. The only time we bring supplies for that class are things that fionna talked about like clear blocks, a crimper, maybe a cutter - just so there are enough for everyone. I don't mind taking those things along because they come back home with me.

4 hrs. is a heck of a long time for a class! Wow! I like it better when we can make as many cards as we like - be it 2 or 6, whatever fits each person's schedule. I've always thought that was very considerate.

I'll be curious to hear what others think, too. Great ?.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

OP here. I understand that each demo does things differently. I guess I was just caught off guard by the way this demo was.

Like I said previously, I had been to a few of my friend's classes and I guess I've just gotten used to the way she did things. We were never asked to bring supplies.

But then we get an invite to attend 2nd demo's class & there was NO mention of bringing any kind of supplies with us in the email. But 4 of the "regular" stamp club members automatically brought their stuff, since they knew that's the way this demo did things. We just felt out of place, I guess. I understand some demo's require customers to bring adhesive or their own cutter or whatever, that's fine. But it just felt odd that we didn't bring anything yet kind of got the "what the heck" vibe from the demo. Know what I mean? She didn't outwardly come out and say anything but you could tell she seemed aggravated.

And this was the first time that I've ever been to a class (and I've dealt with probably 3 different demo's--all friends/aquaintances) that a demo has included a stamp set in the price. I thought that was very ingenious and great for me!!! LOL

I'd like to hear how you've experienced different demos and how they've had their stuff set up or how they conduct their classes, etc.

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I've been to 2 classes with 2 different demos and they both do things very differently.
One class is $15 and you make 4 cards. It does not include a stamp set and she may use different stamps sets for each card. However, if you place a $30 order the class is free. She does not ask us to bring any supplies. She also provides envelopes with the cards. (She is actually a CTMH demo, not SU.) She usually limits the class to a max of 6 attendees and we all sit at one table and pass around stamps, etc. Class takes about 2 1/2 hours.
The other class I go to is $20 for 8 cards. She is an SU demo. Envelopes are included but not a stamp set. Those attending are required to bring adhesive, ink pads for chalking edges, scissors....the basics. She has stations set up and each person goes to the stations to stamp, emboss, etc. and then brings the pieces they've stamped back to their table to work on the card. Class takes about 3 1/2 hours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #7  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends on the demo and the class.

Sometimes the class can include the stamp set.

I've done classes where we did "stamp and pass" around the table. Usually only when there were a few people.

Usually I set up stations.
For a class, I ask people to bring their own adhesive or they can purchase from me at the class.
For a party (hosted by somebody else in their home), I change the pricing and provide the adhesive.

I've never done a class where I provided the stamp set. I will often do a Stamp a Stack that includes a packet of ribbon, or buttons, or brads ... that way there's no fighting over who gets which colour! And you have extra to take home and use!

Other demos do it differently. It's one of the things I love about Stampin' Up! We each get to choose how to run our business. And we can change as we learn new ideas ... or our customers make requests ... or we find out what doesn't work. (yeah ... been there!)

My classes are usually done the stamping in 2 hours, but the chatting and ordering tends to go on to make them three hours. I'm working on trying to keep it shorter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

My SU demo and I have a long-distance relationship; I learned of her thru my daughter -- demo is her friend and her demo. Her card-making workshops are ALWAYS sell-out's. Fortunately for me, I visited my daughter during a time when our demo was hosting one of her workshops -- this one for Christmas cards.

We each pd $15 and made 8 cards...including decorated envelopes. We were to bring our own scissors and adhesive. Everything else was provided. Each of us was given a 'kit' containing the papers we'd need to make 2 each of the cards. We had a stamp pad cleaner, etc at our disposal (one for ea 2 people), etc.There was a shoebox containing the relative stamps, ink pads, ornamentation, etc for each card design, and this shoebox was passed from twosome to twosome around a large table.

Everyone enjoyed the stamps so much that many bought at least one of the stamp sets involved. However, our cost (the $15) did not include a stamp set and we felt no pressure to buy any of the sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

This is a great discussion! My classes are set up like the post just above. I give each participant a bag with all the pieces for all the projects. All pieces are placed in the individual envelope for that project. The sample card or project is placed in a shoebox sized bin that contains all the tools, embellishments, stamps and ink, etc for that project, and is passed around and shared as needed. If we do embossing or use the BigShot, I have stations set up close by, and everyone has to move to that station to do that part of their project.
I generally charge $15 for 6 cards with envelopes, and ask participants to bring their own adhesive. I provide everything else. Some of my customers bring their own scissors. My holiday cards classes are a bit different. I charge $20 for 8 cards: 2 each of 4 designs.
I have not given stamps with the class fee. I do give $5 off a $25 purchase from the catalog.
One think I do that my customers tell me is unique, is that I emphasize how important it is that everyone go home with cards they are proud of - "Mantel Worthy." If they make a mistake, I am happy to give them another piece to use. Some people have started all over with an entire new set of pieces for that project. To me, the cost of the extra pieces is a small investment for my customers to go home happy with their creations. I put a lot of energy into creating designs that I think my ladies will love, and just don't want anyone to feel that they "ruined" their card. NO ONE has ever abused this. I also make sure there is plenty of ribbon. Nothing worse than taking a class, and having the ribbon all cut for you, finding that it's not even long enough to tie into a decent bow, or to wrap around a layer!!
I always have extra sentiments picked out that will match the style or size of the card. For example, we did a card with the sentiment Happy Thanksgiving. I chose sentiments for them to choose from that said Happy Birthday, or With Sympathy, etc. That way they could choose the right sentiment for their personal use. It's an easy thing to do, and everyone really loves that.
I also "teach" during classes. I will have everyone stop for a few minutes while I do a demonstration of something new. It's usually some kind of WOW that they will be doing in class that day. Everyone oohs and ahhs and falls in love just a little bit more with papercrafting!

Last edited by love6kids; 11-12-2012 at 07:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Wow your card classes are pricey! My demo charges between $5-$10 for a stamp shoppe. She cuts the paper and pulls all her stamps and inks out that are used for the project. I bring my own adhesive, scissors and bone folder. Most of the time it's just me and my hubby there. Kinda sad that she just plans a project for just the two of us. If I spend $25 on an order I'll get the class for free.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Everybody does things a little different! My demo has 2 cards or small projects for us to do and we meet once a month. The card stock is ready at each place and all the supplies needed are set out in the middle of the table, including adhesive, scissors, etc. She sets up a separate station for die cutting and embossing and charges $15 which goes towards our monthly order. We can choose to order something for just the $15 but I've yet to do that!! I always buy more. She has never included envelopes and truly I've never expected to have envelopes included. The class is 2 hours (give or take)

She also has it set up for us so that each of us is hostess once or twice a year (twice if only 6 of us are regulars) which I think is a great deal-helps me build my stamp collection!! The hostess for that month brings lunch for everyone.

I'm happy with this set up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #12  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually just attended a Christmas stamp-a-stack. We made five different cards, four of each one -- for a total of 20 cards (including the envelopes). The cost was $25. We brought our own adhesive, but everything else was provided. My demo mentioned something about our next workshop -- which will be product based. For the cost of the stamp set, plus $5.00, we will get the stamp set and make 5 cards. So it would depend upon how your demo wants to set the class. I've also attended a workshop in which we purchased a set of Hodgepodge Hardware and paid $5.00 for the class.

Last edited by Clownmom; 11-12-2012 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

I can tell you how our Amuse demo did hers.

$5 to attend the workshop and make three cards. Free if you ordered $25 or more that night (or were in her monthly hostess club). She included envelopes but I think part of that is because the cards were smaller than A2. She never had us bring our own supplies: we didn't need trimmers because she had precut the cards and stuff to stamp on. If there were die cuts needed, you used her machine. She had plenty of adhesive for us, too.

She had three stations set up in her basement, could fit four people at each. Usually didn't take more than about an hour to do all three cards if you knew what you were doing-- some people took longer because they needed to learn how to do something, or because they were chatting. There were also snacks and an opportunity to shop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Usually didn't take more than about an hour to do all three cards if you knew what you were doing-- some people took longer because they needed to learn how to do something, or because they were chatting.
Or because they're generally slow stampers. And noo, chatting wasn't the problem! :p :rolleyes:

My SU demo (before I came a demo myself) was a hobby demo that had workshops a few times a year. Her parties were 20 cards for $25, 40 for $50, etc. Envelopes weren't included, but she was fine with people bringing them with to decorate. Didn't include a stamp set, and you picked up your stuff and moved table to table. The experienced stampers brought their basic kit with them, but newbies like me used her tape, scissors, pop dots, etc. That style worked well so us slow folks wouldn't feel pressured to go faster, and the fast ones had shopping/eating time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

I've had 2 SU demos over the past 10+ years and they've done their workshops very differently. My former demo offered free workshops, provided everything we needed (I don't think she provided envelopes, but I'm not positive), and we usually made 3 different cards during each workshop. We sat around her big table and passed the supplies around. She would often have us working on two different cards at once so we wouldn't be sitting around waiting for the supplies to be available. She provided lots of instruction and feedback and she was really quite amazing. She had a huge downline and several Stampers Ten groups going at once.

My current demo is a good friend of mine, and since my former demo retired I am using her. She offers stamp-a-stack classes where we make 8 cards (2 each of 4 designs) for $15. She provides everything we need except envelopes (she provides glue sticks, so if you want a different adhesive you have to bring your own). Her card-making style is very different from mine so I often just make one card of each design and then bring home the rest to make cards that are more my style. She is very talented, but we just have different styles.

I rarely order from my current demo. When I attended my former SU's workshops, I usually placed a good-sized order every time. I was in a Stampers Ten at that time so I had to spend at least $15 each month, and I always went over that number easily. I know my current demo doesn't have a huge client base and needs the income from her workshops to pay for supplies and her time, but if she were to change her fees to $15 or free with a $50 or more purchase, I would be far more likely to order every time.

It's interesting to read about other people's ideas and experiences...great thread!

My Gallery

Last edited by fairsinger; 11-13-2012 at 12:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

When I have my stamp camps, I set up four tables, with one card at each, and they move from table to table. I supply everything, except basic adhesive. If it is something special like the liquid or red line tape I do have that. I also so envelopes too. I like to keep things relaxed so if we do a card that has more to it or is a new technique, I do try to make a couple of the other ones easier. As far as time, they usually last about two hours, maybe a little more, but that is because we have been a group for a long time and there is a bit of visiting going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

I moved recently and joined a hostess club and have been pleasantly surprised! We each take a month to be considered the hostess and get the benefits from the orders placed at that month's gathering (we bring snacks). Everyone is required to place a large enough order so the hostess qualifies for the minimum hostess benefits. I think ours is $20/month because we have less than 12 members. I don't know for sure because I always buy more! There is no other charge.
My demo demonstrates three cards and provides all the supplies including adhesive and envelopes. I bring my own scissors because I like them .
She sets up three baskets with precut paper and the stamps, inks, dies, and embellishments - one for each card. We sit at three tables and pass the baskets as each table finishes. It does go 2-3 hours but that is partly chatting and partly because she does a full demo of each card.
The cards are always beautiful and include plenty of detail and embellishments. I think it is a great deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #18  

I do a combination of these at my get togethers. I have an every other month "club" which is 3 projects for $8 (or free w/ $25 order) hostess club members rotate on these months and get the whole group order for their hostess benefits. I provide everything for these projects including adhesive & envies. All cardstock is precut and set up at 3 stations, one for each project.

Other months I do a stamp-a-stack 3 designs, 4 of each design. ($18 or free w/ $50 order). I precut and and give each person their own packet including envelopes. The customer brings their own adhesive and scissors. These card are generally less time consuming to create due to the multiple number each person is making.

Sometimes I will offer a product based class which may include a stamp set or a tool or some other specialty item. When I do this I price the class to include the product plus the other items that will be used for the class. The prices vary depending on the product included. I will usually supply adhesive for these as the projects will not be multiples.

I do think it strange that the OP said the demo was a bit peev'd about them not bringing adhesive or a kit. I always make sure that my customers know they need to include adhesive as part of a class. I guess maybe the demo thought that everyone knew to bring their own??

My Blog: Did You Stamp Today? | Fab Friday Challenge Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

My demo has become my friend! There are three or four of us usually. We do 10 different cards for $10 every month. We bring our own adhesive, scissors, bone folders. She has a snack after five cards. Then we get back to it. We usually have enough in orders for hostess stuff. The best part of the day is walking in the door and seeing the ten cards all lined up. WE oooo and ahhhh for a while and then get to work! WE giggle over mistakes that are never a mistake!

ETA: Forgot to say that some months the hostess is overwhelmed with other duties, so we have started to do a few other things. For instance, one month we each designed three cards, and brought the supplies to make them. That month the demo does not charge anything and she gets to make cards too! We also have parties for birthdays and at our next class we will have our Christmas party! We will each design two cards and we also have begun helping with snacks. It is so much fun!

Last edited by muscrat; 11-13-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 04:01 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by xayide2View Post
Wow your card classes are pricey! My demo charges between $5-$10 for a stamp shoppe. She cuts the paper and pulls all her stamps and inks out that are used for the project. I bring my own adhesive, scissors and bone folder. Most of the time it's just me and my hubby there. Kinda sad that she just plans a project for just the two of us. If I spend $25 on an order I'll get the class for free.
OK, so i'ts you and your husband at a class. Let's say you spend $25 and hubby pays $5.
That means your demo makes 20% = $5
$5 + $5 hubby pays, that means she makes $10.
Let's say your demo runs for an hour. It probably takes her 1 hour to plan, and the supplies would probably cost about $5.
SO, she has made $5 in 2 hours. That is an hourly rate of $2.50

Does that seem right?
I know that wages in America are much lower than over here (Australia)... but that seems pretty unreasonable. The minimum wage here is $17 - that's almost 7 times more than what your demonstrator is making. I was thinking about becoming a demonstrator but at that rate I definitely can't afford it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 06:18 AM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Aside from individual differences and goals of demos, the cost of living in the U.S. (and I'd guess elsewhere) varies so hugely, even within some states*, that $5.00 in one location might be equivalent to $25.00 in another. That could apply to the cost of anything from eggs to houses to plumbers to card classes. It's more complicated than that, but seeing where people live, if they include it when posting, is interesting. Just my take.

ETA Wages vary widely too, depending on location and occupation. We were thinking of moving to another state at one point, and on average, my husband's occupation paid about 30% less where we were going. But houses cost 40-50% less, as well as other stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 07:11 AM   #22  
Kookie Creator

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheryl26View Post
OK, so i'ts you and your husband at a class. Let's say you spend $25 and hubby pays $5.
That means your demo makes 20% = $5
$5 + $5 hubby pays, that means she makes $10.
Let's say your demo runs for an hour. It probably takes her 1 hour to plan, and the supplies would probably cost about $5.
SO, she has made $5 in 2 hours. That is an hourly rate of $2.50

Does that seem right?
I know that wages in America are much lower than over here (Australia)... but that seems pretty unreasonable. The minimum wage here is $17 - that's almost 7 times more than what your demonstrator is making. I was thinking about becoming a demonstrator but at that rate I definitely can't afford it.

It might seem low for just that class but when your customer place an order with you, your time is very minimal, therefore larger "hourly" rate. And if they place an online order, your time is also minimal. So when deciding if you want to be a demo, you need to consider all the aspects of the venture.

Personally, I'd not be having a class for 2 people every time-waste of my time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)

Every Demo I have done workshops with has the attendees bring their Bssic tool kits and adhesive. Envelope are provided. The charge for the workshop varies from Demo to Demo but most don't charge for the workshop if you place an order of a certain amount. My Demo now hosts
A Card of the week class and charges $5 for the first card The price goes down if you make more cards.

Last edited by bdeyes9; 01-15-2017 at 12:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #24  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

I realize that this thread started 4 years ago, but.....
I noticed that the OP won the class in a raffle, and could bring 4 people. I'm thinking that the demo had to assume that you didn't know anything about stamping, thus passing around the table instead of setting up stations, which assumes you know where to start.
Of course, that doesn't explain her being peeved that you didn't bring a basic kit,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 05:07 PM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

Note: I'm not a demo.

If I was, I would ask the people/group what they are looking for in a class. I'm looking to make lots of cards as I use a lot of cards! Also, I want cards I can actually use. I hope this doesn't sound rude but many classes I have been too are super simple. One stamp, one layer, done. And the class prices are really high. Hmmm. I don't understand.

I'm fine bringing my own tapes, etc. I was also at one class where the demo SAID she provided the tape but then proceeded to be really grumpy at how much tape was being used. Really? I haven't gone back. Life is too short for grumpy.

I might be ok with a class of one particular set, if I really really really liked and wanted that set. A demo recently did one with "Foxy Friends." I have no interest in the set and wouldn't use any cards with a fox on them. It's too limiting.

Re: Envelopes. I'm fine if they aren't provided at classes. I bring a stack of my own along and then can stamp the envelope, if I desire.
Reply With Quote Likes