View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #1289
Kathleen Curry
Glitter Guru

Hey girls!
Yea, we are home! Our furnace wasn't working when we got home, so we had a guy come out Friday. Things are improving here, most everyone has power back. But some areas are just destroyed, I mean houses are gone completely, so scary! There is an area called Union Beach only 8 miles from here and it is devastated. We are trying to organize drops offs etc, for people needing to start over. I was going through all the baby stuff I have, so hopefully it will go to someone in need.

LOL about the dogs eating poop. That is why we don't have one (at least that is what dh always tells the boys)!

Pat, can't wait to see some pics of your granddaughter!

Angela, those cupcakes sound delicious! Sounded like a fun shopping trip for you and Ivy and your parents.

Imke, do you grow vegetable in the winter, too? Our CSA farmer was telling us how the spinach and leafy greens are so much sweeter because of something to do with the frost encouraging release of sugar. Your project sounds so cool. Your friend will love it I'm sure. Make sure and post some photos when you make it.

I've been on a pinterest recipe roll today. I've made homemade granola bars, pumpkin chocolate chip brownies (Susanne the canned pumpkin always makes me think of Muddy!), Martha Stewart's Fleur de sel toffee, and whole wheat bread dough. Think I'm going to finish up the laundry and relax for a while with Finn and Lilah. Chuck took the two bigger ones to a football game (Eagles/Dallas) down in Philadelphia.

Hope everyone has a great rest of today!