Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you save the rubber from the cling mount stamps?

You know, the main piece of rubber that you pop all the stamps out of?

I went to a Christmas stamp a stack a few weeks ago and the demo told us that she saves that piece and when she's all done using a stamp set, she pops the individual stamps back into it before putting it back into the case.

I've never done it (I just started buying cling mount stamps) but after popping out all of my stamps, I've always thrown it away. Is there a reason for saving this piece? She said it's because the stamps stay in place that way and won't be bunched up at the bottom of the case. ???? Mind you, I've only started buying these types of stamps and all of mine stick to the case, not all jumbled up at the bottom. Am I doing something wrong?

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Have to admit, most unmounted rubber stamps I buy are a full sheet you cut your own stamp out of. So I discard the leftovers. I would have thought that if they won't cling to your storage cases, they won't cling to an acrylic block? If they won't stick to the case, its probably just that they need a wash to clean the backs. Just personal preference , I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Sometimes I do, more often I don't. I tend to try to store more than one set in those DVD cases, which isn't always possible with the "outline" rubber.
Another thing you can do with just some of it is this - Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials, which is fun. I used the older non-cling rubber, so with the cling if you want to make a permanent stamp you might need to use some adhesive.
One of the pluses of keeping the "outline" is that it's very easy to see if you've put all your stamps back in the case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2012, 04:20 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

I have started doing this, and I like how it keeps the stamps in place when I open the DVD case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 AM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 802 Likes on 326 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslexView Post
You know, the main piece of rubber that you pop all the stamps out of?

I went to a Christmas stamp a stack a few weeks ago and the demo told us that she saves that piece and when she's all done using a stamp set, she pops the individual stamps back into it before putting it back into the case.

I've never done it (I just started buying cling mount stamps) but after popping out all of my stamps, I've always thrown it away. Is there a reason for saving this piece? She said it's because the stamps stay in place that way and won't be bunched up at the bottom of the case. ???? Mind you, I've only started buying these types of stamps and all of mine stick to the case, not all jumbled up at the bottom. Am I doing something wrong?
I save mine and use them in the case too. One good reason is being able to see at a glance that all the stamps are there when you are putting them away. You know how when you're working on a project and you have lots of stuff out on your desk? It's a quick and easy way to make sure you've got them all and one didn't hide under a piece of card stock or get swept off into the trash can etc. Another reason is that although they stick to the case initially, over time they can slide down in the case. I never have a problem with them sticking to my blocks, but when stored vertically, over a few days or weeks there is this thing called gravity that has an effect on them continuing to stick. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I keep the extra rubber for the sticky foam part to use in place of a dimensional.
Reply With Quote Likes