View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #12
dottiejdavis
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to dottiejdavis

Great thread here to understanding inks and paper and stamps. I made a "spread" sheet with the different brands of dies to have in front of me while I learned what did what. As everyone has said Distress Inks act differently and are used for different purposes, though I still use them with any type of stamps. For the most part I used Brilliance Ink from Tsukineko because it was really juicy and ultra black...but no one here has mentioned this brand though a big seller. Momento Ink is not as juicy as T., but it does not run when using coloring of different sorts. But just for nice, crisp, dark black images, i think Brilliance is the best esp when using alone with no coloring. In my experience with Momento it is just not dark enough for the projects I do. Versafine black is good too, but still not my favorite with regular cardstock.
As a side note I just discovered, from lindadukeblogspot, a new specialty paper that has little "tooth" in it so the images gently stamped come out absolutely amazingly crisp and you can use nibs to color in with Distress Inks. So cool. Pricey but with fabulous results for those special projects. So a spread sheet using the same stamp with different inks may just be the thing to do noting that different paper may absorb more dye than others, hence making the color less vibrant.

Last edited by dottiejdavis; 11-10-2012 at 12:44 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!