View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #22
edie453
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampnCroplady View Post
The pain you felt in your shoulder is from the gas that is used to "blow up" your abdomen. Walking as much as you can will help the gas get absorbed and pass. You may notice that you pass a lot more gas either through burping or other ways (I know, yuck) but the gas must get out somehow.
This is absolutely correct. You should get up and move as soon as you're able, and as much as you're able. You need to get things working and rid your body of the gas. It can take a couple of days.

Also, in response to a comment a few comments up, I suffered for years with endometriosis, leaving extensive scarring. The surgeon informed me that as a last resort they would cut. Fortunately the surgery was done laparoscopic, (smaller incision, smaller scars, faster healing of the cut, less chance for infection). Robotics wasn't an option years ago. From my recent research for my husband's prostate surgery, it really depends on the skill of the surgeon and what they're more experienced doing. Most likely any surgeon of the younger era is very experienced with laparoscopic. As far as robotic, they really need to have done plenty of robotic. You have to ask so many questions, and then figure out the insurance options.

Rejoice that we have so may choices and capable surgeons.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!