WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #224
Brownie Please Quit, Nothing Here Will Quite Fit!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
This is my story!
1. Sonny Bear and Honey Bear were in their last stages of preparation for winter. They had picked a nice sheltered lair, had plumped up quite nicely and had chosen adorable warm seasonal clothes. They were looking forward to the final soiree of the social season - the Teddy Bear tea party. Every stuffed creature in Bruinville was sure to attend.
2. Brownie Bear is a grizzly of a creature. He seems to walk on all fours and isn't easy to dress up...so his bear backside is rarely covered. Jealous of his articulated-joint counterparts he secretly would love to be dressed and invited to tea parties like the rest of them. He got (down) wind of the party and decided that the perfect way to make things even would be to be the the most dapper bear at the affair.
3. Brownie snuffled and shuffled through the clothes chest, seeking something that would fit and make him look lean and not so mean. He tried on piece after piece of clothing, stretching sweaters and splitting seams. Tuxedos were in shreds and gingham and lace were everywhere, yet Brownie was no closer to finding his perfect outfit. Brownie please quit, nothing here will quite fit! Those clothes are quite handsome, just don't hold them for ransom!
4. Sonny and Honey came across the sight and scared Brownie off...too late! All of their lovely and fun clothing were in ruins. How could they come to a teaparty all in rags? Sadly they came to the realization that they would have to wear the clothes on their back...the Halloween costumes they had yet to change from.
5. Well what kind of teaparty would we have with a bunch of bare bears? Or bears dressed as pumpkins and bats? I don't know about you, but I'd feel a little self conscious with my pinky extended and pointing at an underclad teddy whilst flinging cookies into the mouth a fellow teapotter across the room!
Here is some musical inspiration:
Bring on the bears! Teddy Bears of every style shape and ilk are invited to a special Teddy Bear tea party!! Try to bring them in their tea party finest clothes. But bears wearing Haloween costumes will need to come in the back door.
EPEC ~ (EXTRA POINTS FOR EXTRA COOKIES!)
Bring an element of prayer or inspiration in your card, or some good ol' Southern cooking! Please, please, please keep messages positive!!
This week our destination is Welaka, Florida. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to MaryLou? MaryLou was brought to our attention by fellow SCSer and Teapotter, Sonja (Soni B).
MaryLou is the sister-in-law of Sonja and is struggling with multiple medical conditions. She absolutely loves, loves, loves Teddy Bears, the Lord (she is a PW!) and good Southern cookin'.
For the address to mail your cards to as well as some more information about MaryLou's circumstances, please visit Post #323
in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!
Here is my card
Here is a Quick Link
to the Teapot Tuesday #224 Challenge Gallery.
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT224 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Mothermark permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!