View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #31
craftdesigns
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancamille View Post
I Am Experiencing A Problem That I Doubt I Am Alone In Having And Wondering If Anyone Has Any Suggestions. Embossing With Colored Powders. I Have Tried Everything, Some Suggestions I've Tried Twice, I Have Issues With Fly-Away Embossing Powder, Colored Powder. I Have Pre-Heated My Gun, Used A Static Bag, Turned My Gun On Over The Image, Juicy Ink, Everthing. I Have Used Numerous Kinds Of Ink, Cardstock, And Embossing Powders. I Have Been "Doing" The Card Thing For About A Year, I Really Like The Way Embossed Images Look On A Card. I Would Hate To Have To Strickly Emboss With Colored Ink And Clear Powder. Any And All Suggestions Would Most Assuredly Be Appreciated.....
Scroll down to the tips. PaperFriendly: Worthy of Mention: Embossing Powder Candy Store

These work...I've been embossing this way for years (and years and years).

As to the shelf life of EP...the only ones affected are the metallics (they will dull over time). I've got EP that is older than dirt, and it still melts beautifully. Keep those powders in closed zip locks to ensure they stay dry. If you store your paper in unopened files, heat both sides of the paper with the gun PRIOR to stamping (that'll dry out the paper). I place those little packets that come in vitamin bottles and shoe boxes with my papers and EP. Super-hot guns (paint strippers) cause far more problems than they solve... non the least is the paper catching fire!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!