View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #1918
CraftyMel2
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Saw this today: At the chilly Church of St. Rose in Belmar, N.J., its streets still slippery with foul-smelling mud, Roman Catholic Bishop David O'Connell said he had no good answer for why God would allow such destruction . But he assured parishioners: "There's more good, and there's more joy, and there's more happiness in life than there is the opposite. And it will be back."
This made me think of Lino Rulli. He is "The Catholic Guy" on Sirius Sat. Radio and he was talking to his co-host Fr Rob and asking how to keep faith when something like this storm was coming...why couldn't god make it just turn right instead of left, he asked. Fr Rob's answer was basically that it's not Gods will to make it turn right instead of left and it's not for us to question. I did not listen to the whole show but I swear it sounded like Lino was losing his faith right there on live radio...and it was not the first time. Does anyone ever think that even the major religious folks might not believe the things they tell others to believe? Lino is not a major figure in the whole hierarchy of the Catholic Church, but as far as non-ordained people go, he is pretty well known. I mean, seriously, high members in every church that I know of have been involved in some sort of scandal at some point; something that for sure would send them on the "down" elevator but that did not stop them. Do you think they believed what they were preaching? How could they have?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!